1 was one of the sloppiest games the Dodgers have played

panxing18

1 was one of the sloppiest games the Dodgers have played

Postby panxing18 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:48 am

The Dodgers may have lost Game 1 http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , but the takeaway from the game is that they played one of their worst games in a while and still only lost by one run."Friday’s 6-5 loss in Game in recent memory. Clayton Kershaw wasn’t particularly sharp and the defense — mainly his battery mate — didn’t do him any favors with four errors.The two and three hitters in the lineup were 0-for-8 with six strikeouts, including four from Justin Turner. It was the first time Turner had struck out four times in a game over his entire career, postseason or not.Cody Bellinger was hitless in four at-bats, despite making solid contact in multiple at-bats.But after everything went wrong early on, the Dodgers came roaring back in the later innings. The night came to an end with Chris Taylor 90 short feet away from a tie ballgame, with the Dodgers not only surviving against the Brewers nasty relief core, they were breaking through.“I thought we played an entire baseball game,” said manager Dave Roberts. “I did. For them to use Hader for three innings tonight and for us to get a good look at their arms in the pen, I thought we had good at-bats all the way till the end.” “So they were selling out, obviously, with Josh going three innings tonight against us. But I thought our at-bats -- even when we weren’t scoring runs, I thought they were competitive.”The Brewers threw almost everything they had at the Dodgers and the game nearly got away from them in the end.After three innings and 46 pitches Boog Powell Jersey , Milwaukee’s biggest weapon in Josh Hader is unavailable until Game 3. Brewers’ manager Craig Counsell has rarely used his lefty in consecutive days, especially after a season-high pitch count.Counsell pointed out after the game that he believes his team is in good shape with the bullpen tomorrow, but that’s depending on how deep Wade Miley goes as a starter.Brandon Woodruff — besides his momentum-swinging homer — made 27 pitches over two innings of work. Cory Knebel was needed for 22 pitches after the Brewers wanted to keep him out until Saturday.In all, Milwaukee’s bullpen made 132 pitches, a stunning pace that may not be sustainable.“We know they’re good,” said Manny Machado, who homered and drove in three. “They’re a good ballclub. They wouldn’t be here if they weren’t. We know we’re as good as them, so we’ve just got to settle down, take it back, play baseball like we’ve played all year and grind it out.”Normally a team that remains patient and works plenty of walks, the Dodgers were issued just three free passes while they struck out 13 times. A feat they achieved in only 16 of their 163 games prior to the postseason.“I thought our at-bat quality throughout the night was good,” added Roberts. “I know we punched a lot tonight Giancarlo Stanton Jersey , but they’re running some good arms out there. But for us to get a look at these guys out of the pen in a seven-game series, I think that’s a good thing. “And for our guys to -- for us to have the tying run at third base, we did some good things tonight. So yeah, the goal is to win a baseball game, but I think that it shows the compete in our guys.”Game 2 gets underway Saturday at 1:09 p.m. PT as the Dodgers look to equal the series before heading home. Three straight losses to the Kansas City Royals has left a sour taste in the Minnesota Twins‘ mouths as they prepare to kick off their final road trip of the season, a 10-game, three-city jaunt that will include stops in Detroit and Oakland.Minnesota has been outscored 24-11 in the three games and its frustrations appeared to boil over Friday night in a 10-3 rout by the Royals at Kauffman Stadium when Twins manager Paul Molitor and third-base coach Gene Glynn were ejected by home plate umpire Ben May during the Royals’ four-run fourth-inning rally.The Twins, who fell to 4-10 in September, will try to avoid a sweep Sunday when they wrap up their season series with Kansas City behind right-hander Kyle Gibson.Article continues below ...Gibson held the New York Yankees to one run in 5 2/3 innings in his last outing, allowing just a home run to Gary Sanchez while striking out five. The Twins, though, managed just two runs in that game Derek Jeter Jersey , leaving Gibson on the hook for a fourth consecutive loss and his sixth in his last eight starts.“Kyle fought; there’s no question about it,” Molitor said. “He had a few situations he had to pitch around, including some free passes, but he did well. I was proud of him for how he hung in there.”Sunday will mark Gibson’s 30th start of the season and his third against the Royals in 2018. He took the loss in their last meeting after allowing four runs and six hits and striking out five in 5 1/3 innings. Gibson is 6-5 with a 3.40 ERA in 18 career starts against Kansas City.The Royals have won five of their last six games and 14 of their last 20, They’ll be trying to close out their first four-game sweep since taking four straight from the Twins on Aug. 18-21, 2016.“We’re feeling like we’re a quality team right now that’s playing well,” said Royals left fielder Alex Gordon, one of the few remaining veteran players on a team in the early phases of a full-scale rebuilding process. “Whether you’re young or old, we’re just playing together and having fun. That’s really all that matters. It doesn’t matter who does it, just as long someone gets it done.”Gordon had three hits, including two doubles Saturday night, and third baseman Alcides Escobar http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , another holdover from the Royals’ 2015 World Series run, drove in three while finishing with three hits.Escobar is batting .319 (29-for-91) with eight doubles and Gordon has 27 RBIs in his last 41 games.“I’m just trying to stay simple,” Gordon said. “I’ve been working with (hitting coach) Terry (Bradshaw) and (quality control coach) Pedro (Grifol) a lot this year and trying to use the opposite way. Obviously, teams are shifting me, so a lot of my hits are going to come the other way and that’s what I’ve been trying to do. Not hitting into the shift but hit it where they aren’t.”The Royals turn to right-hander Jakob Junis to start the finale. Junis turned in a gem in his last outing, allowing three runs in eight innings of a 4-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox.Junis has a 2.15 ERA in his last seven starts and hasn’t walked a batter in his last four.“He’s on a roll right now,” Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. “He’s making it easier on himself to go deep (into games).”Junis is 0-1 with a 3.43 ERA in four starts against the Twins.

Return to “Arduino”