Favorite Flags of the World (design, stadium, racist)

lundywhole

Favorite Flags of the World (design, stadium, racist)

Postby lundywhole » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:06 pm

I've got a thing for flags and let's face it, some countries have better flags than others. What are you favorites? Maybe I'm biased, but Ol' Glory is a great flag. The Union Jack is pretty cool too. Maybe I'm biased here towards the "land of my fathers", but the flag of Wales with the dragon is pretty cool too:

Image Image

alexanderdebrahan

Re: Favorite Flags of the World (design, stadium, racist)

Postby alexanderdebrahan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:08 pm

On the subject of Welsh flags Ryan here are two more which interestingly, and ridiculously, were banned by the authorities from being flown at events at the Millenium stadium on the grounds `Nationalist` and `Racist`...B***D* CRAZY!!

Image Image

frailoverload

Postby frailoverload » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 pm

I've heard of them banning/discouraging St. George (another decent looking flag) in England, I didn't know they were doing that in ol' Cymru. How disturbing, I think political correctness is going to be Europe's downfall. Good call, Tony, I was wondering about that. Green for the fields, blue for the ocean and the gold for the "Yellowbellies". Makes sense. The colors don't seem very European though, at first glance it reminds me of an African flag or something.

guangzhousmile

Postby guangzhousmile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 pm

The flag of the Dominican Republic. It has a nice contrast of colors. Blue, red, red, and blue. All divided by white, making the colors stand out more. In the middle you have the bible and the cross, representing the DR's rich catholic history. These two are complimented with 2 olive leaves. IMO best insigna in the world.

Then you have the 3 famous words written on top. Dios, Patria y Libertad.

lundywhole

Postby lundywhole » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 pm

frailoverload wrote:I've heard of them banning/discouraging St. George (another decent looking flag) in England, I didn't know they were doing that in ol' Cymru. How disturbing, I think political correctness is going to be Europe's downfall. Good call, Tony, I was wondering about that. Green for the fields, blue for the ocean and the gold for the "Yellowbellies". Makes sense. The colors don't seem very European though, at first glance it reminds me of an African flag or something.

The problem with the St George is that it's developing a close association with football hooliganism and the BNP. To be honest I wouldn't have it anywhere near anything I owned, which is sad really.

This one has a pleasant sentiment: Kiribati

danielhowell

Postby danielhowell » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:12 pm

You can attach photos from your own folders when you post a message. Look at the attachment feature in the message box at the bottom. I believe there are in-depth instructions somewhere in the FAQ but not sure where...perhaps a Mod can jump in and assist. What I do is click on "manage attachments" then "browse" and when I find the photo I want to upload I click on it then on attach. It is easy once you do it just one time. If you cannot DM me and I will post the SC flag in your behalf.
Last edited by danielhowell on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

johnpketchum12

Postby johnpketchum12 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:13 pm

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone brought up that flag. I am a southerner but I am an american FIRST and that flag makes me sick to my stomach for all that it represents. I want people to know that there are very few southerners that still respect the confederate flag.

We already have state flags to symbolize the south and our respective states. The actual South Carolina flag is my absolute favorite state flag. Palmetto trees are beautiful and who doesn't love the coast. I wish I knew how to post pictures for those of you from other countries.
Last edited by johnpketchum12 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Support”